I’ve been using VPS Avenger since its initial release and really love it, furthermore its always fantastic getting regular updates too with tons of new features and improvements. Vengeance added a massive amount of fixes and features with the granular oscillators etc back in 1.2.0. They’ve just updated to 1.2.6 with multi sample soundfont support and the following other changes.
- OSC formant mode Crossfade, very handy for wavetables where the waveform does not start with a zero-crossing.
- Preset FAV. TAG & SEARCH for presets.
- Roll/flam modes pattern to drum kit sequencer.
- Line mode for FFT-Harmonic & FFT Bin (use ALT key on mouse click).
- TOOL-TIP for Granular-Rang start/end locators.
- Audio preview for shapes, freeform and wavetables to the sound browser.
- Osc-pitch-keytrack modsource.
- Current BPM to Stats Display.
- More voice-limit options.
- More master gain options.
- Own format for user-skin files, so developers are not forced to release their source-images.
- Multisample converter for SFZ files. (WAV and AIF samples are supported).
- Sound-preview handles sample loop.
- More modulation-display in numeric/text box views. (i.e. OSC gain displays current modulated value).
- New COMB Filter.
- A crash on NPOINT envelope if loop-end is too close to its left neighbor.
- Loop-enable button is always “ON” after loading a preset that contains a user-sample.
- WaveTable/Granular Sample overlay logic issue.
- Drum Slot Lock state will be reset in Initialize/Preset load.
- Zones-Page ModMatrix KEYTRACK Slot label was not visible in other zoom modes than 100%.
- Issue with loading “Sustain Release Jump” Envelope mode when loading a preset.
- Issue with “Default Settings” on Mod envelope browser did not load a customized “Default Preset”.
- Npoint envelope sustain jump mode can cause strange behavior on specific circumstances.
- A problem with drum kits and locked slots where the locked samples was replaced on save/reload.
- Adjusted size for the “X” on Dial-Mod controller.
- Adjusted font size of i.e. ModEnvelope Trigger Mode context for labels “GLOBAL” & “PER VOICE”.
- An issue with sample stacker and exclude start offset for a slot.
For more info or to grab a copy of Avenger, head over to Vengeance Sound